Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Middle of December.... Merry Christmas

WOW..... boy does time just get away from me anymore.  So much going on all of the time, family life, kids, work, fitness, fun, other obligations......the list goes on and on and on.  Jeesh!!!  :-)

 The first week and a half of the month wasn't all that exciting for me, as I developed a head cold, which then turned into a fairly nasty chest cold.  I was miserable, and it made me cranky.  I don't like just sitting around doing nothing for more than a day, so I kept going out for exercise, etc.....and of course, that just made me worse!  :-(

I am happy to say, though, that as of this week, I am finally on the actual mend.  Feeling a whole lot better, and able to be active like I want to be once again.

With Greg Bass' help, I got our Christmas lights up before the 1st of December this year..... and they really look good.  We were able to put up more lights this year than in any years past, as we had access to a ladder tall enough to get up to the higher end of our house..... this makes it look a whole lot nicer.....and it certainly has made Evan a lot happier!!!  :-)

Grandma and Grandpa Fornshell came up for a short weekend visit since I last blogged.  And more recently, this past weekend, Grammy and Papa also came up for a short weekend visit.  This coming weekend, we will head to Oregon, to celebrate my grandfather's 94th birthday, as well as to visit family and do a little Christmas with those we won't be seeing for actual Christmas this year.  It will be a fast and short weekend, but hopefully we will accomplish everything we set out to while we are there.  :-)

This past Sunday was most awesome!!!  Brother Brad was baptized at CTK......and I got the honor of baptizing him!!!  What an amazing journey he has been on these past couple of years, and this was no small miracle that our amazing and mighty God performed.....for us, and for Brad!!!  I am so happy for him, and so excited to have been a part of his journey of recovery and restoration.... I pray we will have many wonderful adult years together, sharing a love for Jesus, and a passion for fitness and a healthy lifestyle!!!  :-)

This Friday our kiddos will take part in their school's annual Christmas program..... Tracie and I are both very excited to see them sing and dance, and whatever else they will be doing on stage.  Both kids actually seem a bit excited about it this year!  :-)  After the program is over, we will take off for Oregon, with Brad and our niece Jessica along for the ride as well...........

Yes, that is a whole other story in and of itself...... but the short of it is this..... Jessie has made reconciliation with her aunt Tracie, and with me as well.  Very long talks were had, and things were discussed in great length and detail....... I believe many tears were shed as well.  And with this, Jessie has also moved in with us for a few months, as she works to get herself on her own two feet, and financially stable enough to find a place of her own.  So far, so good.... things are working out well, and we are all learning to let go of the past that caused us all so much pain, and we are building a future together...... I am praying that God will use Tracie and myself as He sees fit, to do anything we can to help Jessie out...... especially in establishing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  So, if you are the praying type, please be saying prayers for Jessie, but also for Tracie and I, that we will be a positive influence and support family for her.  :-)

We got our Christmas tree a weekend earlier than we normally do this year, and that has been great.  We drove out to Alpine Meadows tree farm...... fantastic place, with wonderful trees and amazing views!!! We picked out a very nice tree.  Tracie and I put it in the stand and trimmed it, and strung the lights on it.....from there, Evan and Sierra decorated the tree all by themselves!!!  And I must say, it looks really great!!!  :-)

I am certain I am leaving things out...but with letting so much time pass between blogs, what should I expect?!?!?!?!  My fault...... no one else to blame!  So, I will try hard to remember and post more frequently....say, at least one every other week.  ;-)

I will see how next week shapes up after we return from Oregon...hopefully I will have more to blog about then..... in the mean time, Happy Holidays to you all... and have a safe and wonderful time with your Christmas shopping adventures.  We haven't even started yet!!!   LOL  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for being there for me. In the tank - as well as in my life.

    Love you Buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete