Monday, February 27, 2012

Okay, March..... Spring in like a Lion!!!

Here we are, nearing the end of February.  I have been bike commuting regularly this year, regardless of weather, and it has been tough!!!  My attitude towards our Winter weather here has become less than even remotely nice!  I am so sick of wind and rain and cold and darkness!!!!!  I am ready for lighter and brighter days, with warmer temperatures and more sunshine...... that just can't be too much to ask for.

With March coming at the end of this week, I am blogging today in hopes that Spring will be coming earlier than normal this year for us!  I am so ready for it, and since we can't afford to leave here, even for a short weekend, to go somewhere nice and warm for a little get-away... well, then I am just going to have to pray in earnest and in overtime for Spring to arrive.  I am praying that March will be the month this year for an obvious change in weather conditions..... for the better!!!

Today, as I look outside, it is absolutely beautiful...the sun is shining, and the skies are clear.   However, it was all of 27 degrees outside this morning, and the wind is blowing, and everything is frozen, including the water line to supply our cattle's water trough.  This is the kind of thing that just gets me in a frenzy..... it looks like a perfect day to be outside, whether riding the bike or doing work around the farm.....and yet, I can't handle the cold anymore like I used to be able to.  The only thing I found to be negative about losing over 100 lbs....... I used to handle cold weather no problem.

So, I sit here today, anxiously awaiting Spring, and anxiously awaiting to hear from Fairhaven Bike, as they are doing repairs on my bike, which has left me without transportation until such time as they get the parts and do the work.  It is killing me....... I am now wondering why I don't have a back up bike, just for these occasions!!  LOL  :-)

On a much brighter note.... with the arrival of March comes the arrival of Spring sports!!!  Evan will be trying out for the 12U competitive baseball team in two weeks.  Sierra has decided to play machine pitch basball this season as well.  In addition, Evan is now playing the remainder of the indoor soccer season with a team who came up short a few players.  He is doing great, and having a lot of fun so far.  Sierra is finishing up her lessons and learning in jazz dance class, and is getting ready for the big dance recital at the end of March.  We will start to be very busy once again in just a couple of weeks, and that is exaclty how we like our lives around here!!!  :-)

So, come on March...... Spring on in like a Lion!!!  We are so ready for you  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment