Sunday, May 30, 2010

62 miles and breakfast before church

So, it's Sunday morning and the crack of dawn... of course, most people would probably be sleeping in this morning. I, however, am not most people, and so I did NOT sleep in. Instead, I arose early, enjoyed a few cups of fresh hot coffee and a small bite to eat to put some much needed nutrtion into my body, and got myself prepared for heading out on the bike!

I left the house at five minutes before 6am. I rode for 62.5 miles, going all of the way out west into Blaine, and then continuing on all around Drayton Harbor, out around Semiahmoo, and down through Birch Bay and the state park along the water. It was glorious! A beautiful and scenic ride, peaceful and quiet. I kept on riding from Birch Bay and worked my way down to Ferndale, and then on into Bellingham, where I rode along the Boulevard and on into Fairhaven. In Fairhaven, I finally rode to fire station 2, where I ended my morning ride at 9:35am, with a total of 62.5 miles logged... tired and feeling good! :-)

I headed inside and met up with the crew, Peter Knuckey, Drew Trimakas and John MacDonald. Sunday breakfast was being prepared, so I enjoyed a hot cp of coffee and relaxed while waiting to eat. We all sat down to a big breakfast scramble of eggs, potatoes, onions, peppers, bacon and cheese.... and boy did it hit the spot for me!!!

After breakfast, I hit the showers to get cleaned up and ready for church. My family all arrived while I was showering, brining me a fresh set of clothes, and to pick me and the bike up to head to church together.... so nice! :-)

We headed to the 11:30am service at church, and afterwards enjoyed lunch at Billy McHales. After lunch, we all headed over to the bowling alley for an afternoon of family bowling. It was a great morning, great ride, great breakfast, and great day with the family!!!

I am most certainly, truly blessed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment