Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells.....

Today was the annual Bellingham Jingle Bell Run, raising funds and awareness for the Arthritis Foundation.  This is a fantastic and fun event, made up of a 2 mile walking course, and a 4 mile running course.  People dress up in festive costumes, and bring their dogs along on the walking course.  And this year, both myself and my brother, Brad, ran the 4 mile course together.  :-)

We had a great morning, a great run, and great fun!!!  Brad did excellent, and I felt so much better and healthier and stronger and fast this year than last, it was awesome!  I felt this morning as though I could have run a half marathon, and that really pleases me greatly.  :-)

I am already looking forward to next years event, and am hopeful that Tracie and Evan and Sierra will join us for it as well next year!  :-)

On another note, today is a historical day for Grammy & Papa.  Today they officially say good-bye tho their Pumpkin Ridge home, as they move out for good and move into the next chapter of their lives, and their new home on Shady Fir Loop.  I believe there will be mixed emotions for them both today, as there are so many wonderful years and memories that belong to the Pumpkin Ridge home.  On the other hand, there will be a whole new start for them both with their new home, and so very many new memories to be made as they start the next chapter in their lives now.  Congratulations to Grammy & Papa... we look forward to visiting you very soon in your new home!!!  :-)

I just heard from Tracie a bit ago about Evan's basketball game.  Although they got beat pretty badly by the Meridian team, she was very pleased to tell me that Evan got the ball on a rebound with just seconds in the game, dribbled and turned, then launched the ball...and made the basket as the buzzer sounded, scoring one last set of points for his team to end the game!!!  Way to go my boy!!!  :-)

Sierra is off to a Christmas party for the afternoon, and she is quite excited about it.  I am at work today, and already thinking about what is on our agenda for tomorrow....

Looking forward to attending church tomorrow morning with my family.  After church, I am not exactly sure what we have planned for the afternoon.  However, we do have planned to head to Jump Around Fun Zones in Bellingham for the BFD annual Christmas Party at 6pm.  After that, we will head to the ice rink for mine and Brad's hockey game... I promised the kids they could come and watch us play tomorrow night, even though it's going to have them up late.  It should be fun, at least I hope it is!!!  :-)

Busy week ahead for us, as we are preparing to head to Portland next Friday morning, early..... so, I had better start making a list of to-do's and priorities, so we can get everything taken care of that needs to be.......

Chow for now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again G for getting covered at work so that you could run as well. It would not have been the same with out you. I felt strong and felt great afterwards. Was very please with my time as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Can't wait for the next event and for next year!!

    love ya - B

    ReplyDelete