Sunday, March 13, 2011

And So It Begins......

I just posted that March is already here, and now here we are, practically half way through the month already!!!  Unbelievable to me..... I am NOT liking this at all.  I can't seem to keep up with the days, or with life right now.

So much happening starting this month, and this next week.  Evan made the cut for the boys 10U competitive baseball team, which is awesome.... and practices will be starting this next week some time.  Evan has also decided to play soccer this Spring.  He and Jacob really wanted me to be their coach again, so I signed on to be their coach.  Just got word that the U10 and U11 boys are being combined into one team, and that Evan will be playing up with the U11's, with me as head coach!  Crazy!!!  I have nothing really to offer as far as soccer skills and knowledge go for this sport.... heck, I was just a player myself as a kid, many years ago!  To make matters worse, I only just received my team roster last night!!!  We don't have any practices scheduled yet, and I have no equipment as of yet either!  And of course, our first game is in just two weeks from yesterday!!!  :-(

I really thought that the Nooksack organization might get their act together better this year, after new people got involved..... but so far, it appears I may be wrong!!!  :-(  It isn't fair for these kids to get one or maybe two practices in before playing their first game, especially when some of them haven't even met one another before.  And there is more..... I have just enough players for the field, no subs on the sidelines!!! That is gonna make it tough for my kids... really tough.  They play the bigger field this year, and have no chance to take a break, unless they can learn excellent passing and ball control skills really fast!!!  ;-)

Tracie, Jenn and Tiffani had their huge garage sale event for raising funds for their Africa mission trip yesterday, and did very well, making more than $2000 for the day!!!  :-)  They had their first mandatory mission trip meeting at CTK last night as well... haven't heard anything from Tracie, as we were all in bed asleep when she got home.

Our Suburban had its transmission fail a week ago on us.  Had to have a new tranny put in this last week, which cost us $2590..... money we didn't have.  I had to spend my paycheck to get our vehicle back, so we don't have any money to pay bills, buy groceries, or cover our mortgage this month with.  Not too sure how this is going to work out.  I seem to be the only one who cares, or who who is scared to death about how bad off we are.  I will continue to trust in God, and pray for guidance, support and answers.....however, it is my belief that God doesn't just hand things to us without us putting forth great effort on our part as well..... something I don't believe has happened as of yet.  I am trying as best I can right now... I have sold off a bunch of stuff, including things I had no intention of selling....things I did not want to sell.  I am getting ready to do it all again as well this week, this time selling off our beef cattle.... something I do not want to do either.  In addition, I have been calling in for every overtime shift that I am available for, with exception of one day.  I even called in today, which would mean missing church, and missing my final hockey game of the season.... but the BC had scheduled wrong, and the overtime got cancelled.

Uncle Bob and Brenda were supposed to come here yesterday to visit and get the rest of their beef from us to take back home.  They never made it.  They called to say that they had their vehicle broken into while loading to leave Tacoma....lots of stuff stolen, including wallet and check book and cash, etc.  They ended up dealing with that mess and then drove back home to Idaho.  We will make other arrangements to get them their beef.  :-(

Just over a week and I have my 43rd birthday.  Nothing big deal to me, but it does mean I have just ten years left until I can retire!!!  :-)  It also means that Grammy and Papa will be coming up to visit us again.  They want to come to be here for my birthday, and then stay to be here for Sierra's jazz dance recital on the 25th and 26th.  From the sound of it, Papa may head back down to Portland after that, leaving Grammy here for another week to stay and visit and spend time with the kiddos.  Don't know the plan in detail yet for sure.

Spring is coming, it just has to be.... this morning starts daylight savings, and I have already moved the clocks ahead an hour.  It will be light outside a full hour later today, which very well may do my mind and soul some good.  I am in desperate need of nice weather around here.  I miss riding my bike regularly, something that is so very good for my heart, mind, and soul.  With the weight of our financial issues upon my shoulders, I am needing an escape each day, even if just for an hour or two... and the bike works so well for me!!!

So, as if I didn't have enough to think about or worry about already...... I have now added  soccer coach to my list, and have a short time to try and prepare to work with these kids to help them get ready for a game in just two weeks..... not sure how this is going to work out, so I will start praying today!!  :-)

Funny thing is....as I sit here and think about my issues, my troubles, my problems..... I can't help but think about how meaningless they all seem when compared to what is happening in Japan right now, after suffering an 8.9 earthquake, so many aftershocks, and a tidal wave of destruction and death that has the country reeling in pain right now.  :-(  And then I think about how Tracie, Jenn and Tiffani are going to Africa, and what they will be seeing over there..... makes my issues seem so small.  And yet here I am feeling like my world is caving in on me..... crazy!

3 comments:

  1. The Way of the Wild Heart - John Eldredge

    "Back in the chapters on the Warrior, I explained that the way God most often teaches a man to fight is to put him in situation after situation where he must fight. The same idea holds true in the time of the King -- our Father will put you in situations where you will need to act decisively, and strongly, on behalf of others. The King-heart in us is formed and strengthened in those moments -- especially in those moments of sacrificial decision, where we do put others before us, and in those moments of unwavering decisiveness, where we take a difficult stand against great odds or opposition.

    If you are like most men, you'll feel like you're in way over your head in moments like these. But this is how our initiation unfolds in our daily lives, how we become to discover that we do have the heart of a King, can act like a King. Not perfectly, not every time, but more and more as our initiation develops the King in us. I think we all know that such nobility and integrity can be formed in a man only by the Spirit of God. The question to us is, WILL WE LET HIM?"

    When I read this a week or so ago, I though of you.

    Love you. Praying for you.


    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for that!!! Perfect!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete