Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring has Sprung!!!

After what has seemed to be the longest Winter ever on record, at least in my own personal little world, I am happy to report that Spring has finally arrived!!!  Yes, I know that the calendar says Spring officially starts on March 20th, but that is NOT something I ever hold on to, just like trusting a weather report.... could go either way!!!

However, this year, March 20th actually looked and felt and smelled like Spring in the air around here, which gave me some real hope that we were finally turning the corner and entering a new season.  What really convinced me, though, that Spring has sprung, wasn't the calendar date or the weather, but around our place we went from silence at night to an absolute deafening orchestra of frogs, simply in about one days time!!!  It is the most awesome sound to hear.... thousands of frogs croaking aloud in the evening as the sun goes down...... letting me know for certain that Spring has arrived!!!  :-)

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that things are yet exactly as I would like them to be.  The weather still isn't cooperating nearly as much as I would like it to, with temperatures still about 10 degrees cooler than I would like them to be, and still more rain than makes me happy as a cyclist looking to log some drier miles!!!  :-)

But alas, things are improving....the days are getting longer, the weather is slowly improving, and life is coming around int eh way of birds, frogs, plants, etc.  People are already moving lawns, and things just seem to look better as color starts coming back into them.  I am hopeful that this year we will enjoy a bit nicer Spring and Summer than we did last year.... in fact, I sort of feel like we deserve it!  ;-)

With Spring comes the absolute craziness and joy and happiness that is our lives this time of year...... Spring soccer, baseball, and this year we add t-ball.  Evan is back to playing soccer for the Nooksack league, after playing his last two season with Lynden, because Nooksack's organization had fallen apart.  Both Evan and his very best friend Jacob Roosma begged and pleaded with me to be their soccer coach, and so... I am!  In addition, Evan tried out and made the boys 10U competitive baseball team this year!!!  He is doing so great, and is having a lot of fun so far.  This means we have baseball practices three days a week right now, until the season starts.  In addition, we have two soccer practices a week, and we have soccer games on Saturdays as well.  We just heard from Sierra's t-ball coach, and we will be adding t-ball practices to the mix starting this next week!!!   Nope, we are not busy at all.... we have plenty of time to do lots of other things as well...sure.  Taking care of 11 acres of mini-farm... no problem, we can handle it........ yah, whatever!!!

So, if you can't seem to find us or reach us, just know that we haven't run away or left town, state or country.... we simply are out shuttling our kiddos around to practices, games and/or tournaments!!!  :-)  And YES, we are loving every minute of it!!!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha.

    You're a Soccer Dad!!! :-)

    I love the sound of the frogs though. It definetly lets you know that spring is here.

    ReplyDelete