Monday, August 15, 2011

Middle of August!!!

Today it is August 15th already.....and YES, I do know that I haven't been blogging as of lately.  The reason, or reasons...... just been out of sorts this whole month of August.  Things just haven't been the same this year.... Tracie hit the missions field with a group from our church, and has been in Africa since the start of the month!!!  I have been missing my wife, my best friend, and the mommy of our family!!!

My mom and dad (Grammy & Papa) decided to come up and stay here in their motor home for the whole time that Tracie is gone, to spend time with the kids, and to help me out until she returns.  Though this has been a good thing for the kids, and they have had a lot of fun with Grammy & Papa here, it also has added to my days, and takes me away from my more "normal" routines.  Though I also love having them here with us, I must admit that I have longed to just have some time of just me and my kids....and I haven't been able to have that.  I also miss being able to do things the way that I am used to doing them, of when I am used to doing them.

A lot of things have happened in these first couple of weeks of August.... we took a five day trip with Grammy & Papa's motor home, and went over to the area of Republic, WA.  We camped at a place called Swan Lake, where we had fun swimming, hanging out, and scouting the area for deer hunting season in October.  After returning from that trip, I celebrated the completion of my 20th year with the BFD, which still shocks me!!!  We have managed to get a fair amount of yard work done.  And Papa went ahead and drained and cleaned and filled the swimming pool for the kids to use when summer finally arrives.  And then, most recently, yesterday became the official move-out day for Brad.  He moved into his apartment in Lynden, and has officially moved out from living with us here anymore....... bitter-sweet for us all, since he has been here for 2 years now.  And lastly, we had Marty and the kids over yesterday afternoon for swimming and playing, as well as BBQ dinner and camp fire.  Lots of fun....and now today will be clean-up day around here!

So, Tracie is starting her very long journey home from Africa as I write this now.  We won't have her back here at home with us until tomorrow evening sometime.  I am so excited to have her home, and just want to have her back here with us, so we can be a family once again.  Of course, we won't have any sense of normalcy when she returns, because Grammy & Papa will still be here, and won't be going home until we head to Portland, this coming Friday.

There we have it.....the month of August will be at an end before I post again, I am almost certain.  So much going on over the next couple of weeks, so I will just fill in the details at the end of the month, when we finally start trying to get back to our regular way of life around here once again!!!  :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment