Saturday, March 2, 2013

And Just Like That..... MARCH!!!

Here we are...... March has arrived!!!

In just 20 days from now, I officially hit my mid-forties, turning 45 years young.  I had some really big plans for this particular year for myself, but alas, most are falling through already.  Such is the way of life I suppose.  It has been a really rough past 5 months for me, and so I should have expected that things may not work out as I had hoped or planned.  Instead, I need to move forward and just go with the flow instead.  Tougher said than done, but it's what I need to do.  Who knows, may 50 can be the big year for me to hit the milestones I had planned for this year!

Crazy thing is...... it's now March.  The Winter months have taken their toll on my this year.  I am so done with the wet and cold and dark and dreary days!!!  I have become physically and mentally and spiritually down, and am so very much in need of a major pick-me-up.  And so, with the help of 72 hours of OT worked in the month of February........ I am taking that family to Hawaii for spring break!!!!!  :-)

Yes, we are heading over to Maui on April 1st (this is no joke), and returning on the 9th.  Our very first time ever to Hawaii.  I am so ready for it, I can't stand the thought of it being a month away still.  Sun, sand, surf, R&R......... it is going to be awesome!!!  I am hoping that this vacation will be life saving for my soul.  I am simply not meant to be a Pacific Northwester in the Winter months!!!  I need sun, warmth, dry.  I can see already that I need to plan ahead for each year, to go on a vacation somewhere sunny and dry and warm midway through the Winter.  Just the fact that I have this trip booked now, has me already feeling so much better!!!  :-)

This month is going to go by fast, I am quite certain.  The anticipation of going to Hawaii will be pushed aside as we deal with kids' sports, drum lessons, school, work, and getting ourselves ready to go.  I am quite certain that it is going to be time to go before we are even ready!

February is all now a blur, I can't hardly remember what all went on or happened, in order to write it here.  Quite simply, I worked..... A LOT!!!  My regular schedule with the BFD, 24 hours on exchange of time at the BFD, 72 hours of OT at the BFD, and all of my shifts at Westside Pizza.  I guess that is why I don't remember much about it.  I hope to scale that back for the month of March, but will still be working at Westside Pizza two days each week.  I also am hoping to pick up more BFD OT whenever possible, so we can have spending money for Hawaii that doesn't have to come out of our family budget.  Having the whole trip paid for in OT would be wonderful.  :-)

Still on track with the Dave Ramsey financial plan.  Exception that Dave wouldn't approve of is this trip...... I know for fact he would say that this money should go directly to the debt snowball.  However, I am still doing the debt snowball.  I am still working the second job.  I am still keeping our family budget in line and working.  The only thing that hasn't been working is me keeping my overall physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health through this process.  With that, I personally feel that I need to take this break.  I need to get those things back, so I can push forward once again.  Sorry Dave!

So, baseball season begins for Evan this month. Fast pitch softball starts for Sierra this month.  Evan is moving forward very well with his drumming and lessons.  Tracie is still working at the school, and is back on track again with her online studies.  I am working both BFD and Westside still this month.  Let the fun begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment