Monday, May 30, 2011

Sick over Memorial Day Weekend?!?!?!?!

DANG IT!!!  Stupid head cold got me!!!  :-(

Things were going so darn great..... got fantastic news/results with my recent fitness testing and body composition..... getting ready for Grammy & Papa to come up for a long weekend visit with us.... ready for a nice 5 day off Kelly day stretch..... and BAM!!!..... I get hit this last Thursday night with the start of a head cold!!!  :-(

Of course, each day gets just a little bit worse, and the nights produce less and less good sleep.  I went to work on Saturday, when I really shouldn't have, and that didn't seem to help things at all either!  Now, here it is Monday, Memorial Day, and I am still feeling like crud!!!  Suckola..... that has been my word for the past several days now!  :-(

On the brighter side of this, at least the weather is still looking and acting like it's only March, even though this week takes us on into June!!!  I am grateful to get this over with now, before the real spring and summer weather finally arrive!!!  :-)

I just want to take a quick moment to acknowledge that today is Memorial Day...... and to give my own personal thanks to all those men and women, past and present, who have given of themselves to our country, to our freedom, to us!!!  Many have given their lives, the most unselfish gift that can be made.  Many were willing to do the same, but thankfully didn't have to.  I know the names and faces of only a few.... but each and every one of them holds a very special place in my heart... for without them, and their great service and sacrifice, I would not be able to live the life I am enjoying today!!!  :-)

God Bless America..... and God, please bless all of the men and women of our armed services, who are doing their part to keep our country safe and free. 

Happy Memorial Day to you all..... may you enjoy this day of freedom, and spend it with family, friends and loved ones, recognizing that a price has been paid so that we may have this day together!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment