Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day, School, Football, Fall.....

They have arrived!!!  Labor Day weekend is here, school has started, the football season starts this next Saturday, and the mornings and evenings are feeling and looking more and more like Fall.  :-)

Of course, as would be expected to happen, now that the kids are back to school, this next week the weather will be more like summer than we have seen most of the actual summer!!!  Oh well, I am fine without rain, and love the cooler mornings and evenings......now, if we can get that Fall weather during the days (65 and sunny), I will be very happy!!!  I tend to be much more productive throughout the Fall, and I get much better riding in as well.  I guess I am just not meant for hot weather, with exception of lying around and relaxing poolside!!!

I am very excited for this month of September.  Evan's football season begins, and it is going to be so much fun to watch him and his team this year.  Evan has improved greatly, and I do believe that he is going to have a lot of fun playing.  In addition, Evan takes his hunters safety course this month, starting next week.  I can still remember when I went through hunters safety myself.  For myself, I have a lofty goal of competing in the Bellingham traverse on the 17th, and then turning around and riding in the Chuckanut Century the very next day!!!  this will be quite the challenge, and I hope that I can physically and mentally prepare myself for success!!!  I am looking very forward to having my good friend, Stu Hodnot, come up to ride in the Chuckanut Century with us.  This will be his first time up this way, and I believe we are going to have a great weekend together.  I am still holding out hope that Scott Taube may also find a way to join us as well.

This month also finds me starting to prepare for winter weather around here, as it always sneaks up faster than I ever hope or expect it to.  I would like to have a better handle on water and mud around here this year..... and am working with the tractor and shovel to see if I can control it a bit better...... it's gonna take time and time and time and time.

Well, it's Labor Day today...kids are home from school, and I am starting a 5 day stretch off of work.  Time to go and get this day, and this week, started.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment