Monday, September 24, 2012

HAPPY 46th ANNIVERSARY, GRAMMY & PAPA!!!

Yes indeed, today marks the 46th anniversary for my mom and dad......and that is quite remarkable!!!

Happy Anniversary to you both..... may there be very many more in your future together as well.  :-)

We have been busy around here since my last post.  Evan has played two weekends of really great football in a row now.  In his game on the 15th, his team was victorious by a score of 39-0.  Evan had a fantastic game, and scored 39 points for his team!!!  Yes, you read that correctly..... the kid is good, and he is gifted, and he is talented.  He loves the game of football, and it showed!!!  :-)

Then, this last Saturday, his team won again, by a score of 27-6.  Evan managed to score 21 of his teams 27 points, again playing really great football.  It was so much fun to watch... not only Evan, but to see how the whole team has improved so much, and has come together as a football team!!!  Lots of fun for sure.  :-)  Grammy and Papa came to visit for four days, and got to watch Evan in this game.  That was fun for them, and for him.  :-)

Grammy and Papa came to visit and to celebrate Sierra's upcoming 9th birthday with us, as they will leave for deer hunting camp on her actual birthday.  So, they were here with us over the weekend, and we had some fun together as  a family.

Bad and good news also.... our refrigerator stopped working on us, and it was going to cost around $800 to repair it.  We found one, instead, at Dewaard & Bode, a return item in great shape, for $399!!!  So, we now have a new refrigerator, and I think we are going to like it much better than the one that died!!!  :-)

I started work at Westside Pizza last week.  Worked only two shifts, first for 2 hours, and then for 3 hours.  I am a fish out of water, and have no idea what I am doing.   There is a huge learning curve, and I have a long ways to go.  I only planned on being a delivery driver, but the owner really wanted me to be an in-store guy for him at the new Everson store when it opens in the near future.  It turns out that this is hard work, dirty work, and a lot of work.....all for only minimum wage.  I am really not all that sure if this is going to be worth it or not just yet..... I am going to have to work a whole lot of time and days here in order to make the kind of money that we need to try and start getting out of the mountain of debt that we are currently in.  On the other hand, I don't really have any other options falling at my feet right now.  So, I will keep on trying to learn what I need to learn, and hopefully things will get a bit better each day I put in. 

One thing for certain...... I have a huge appreciation for my regular, career job as a firefighter.  I love my job, and am blessed to have it!!!  :-)

Brad and I will head to Portland this upcoming weekend, to ride in the Harvest Century ride, with Scott Taube.  :-)  Very excited about this event, and looking like we may actually get good weather for a change!!!  :-)

Grandma and Grandpa are heading up to visit and celebrate Sierra's birthday this Wednesday.  They will be here through the weekend.  So, we are trying to get ready around here for our next set of guests, and I am trying to get ready to head out of town for the ride.  In addition, just trying to get some things done around the farm before the weather turns on us soon.

So, gotta get out now and plant some trees..... see ya!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments. We love you guys very much and enjoy every minute we get to spend together.

    ReplyDelete